Thread: Peavey Vandenburg

Default Peavey Vandenburg

Saw a neck-thru red Vandenberg at GC yesterday. Had parallel "bar" type inlays instead of dots. Anyone know what these things go for?

Looked like this:

Dino

www.vintage kramer . com

vintagekramerdave @ gmail . com

Quote Originally Posted by MrGreen View Post
    Yep. Depending on the condition up to 2,800.00 EUR.
    Practice cures most tone issues.

Great Deals with MrWhipper, JoeyM, Del Hudson, skydive69 and Kramer Classic I

Indeed, a quality USA made guitar, neck thru, ebony fingerboard, 24.75" scale length, you can't go wrong with them. I had three Series I and two Series II Vandenbergs, they were the bolt on neck versions, the Customs came afterwards, then quilt tops, Peavey knew a thing or two about building guitars according to Grover Jackson..

Quote Originally Posted by KickstartMyHeart View Post
    Yep. Depending on the condition up to 2,800.00 EUR.
    Some time ago, one was on sale in the neighbourhood for 650 EUR, mint condition, known owner, cash stripped

Did they come with Kahler Spyder tremolo?
    Last edited by MrGreen; 12-20-2013 at 09:31 AM.

Did they come with Kahler Spyder tremolo?
    Not the customs as far as I know. The bolt-ons of the early series were Kahler-equipped, but I might be completely off. Havent seen Vandys in the flesh for a very long time.
    Practice cures most tone issues.

Great Deals with MrWhipper, JoeyM, Del Hudson, skydive69 and Kramer Classic I

You are right Peavey knows a LOT about building guitars. I've had my hands on some early and mid 80s models and they were AWESOME!
    The are probably the most under rated and under valued American made guitars I've ever seen. Especially on the secondary market. I bought a mid 80s Falcon that was sold as a tank. I had a hard time letting go of that one.
    20ish BC Rich Gunslinger (Slimer)
    2013 Kramer Kit 5150 Tiger
    2014 Fender Playboy 40th Anniversary (Chinese Copy)
    2014 ESP KH Ouija (Chinese Copy)
    Dean Edge II Bass
    facebook fanpage
    https://www.facebook.com/CullenTunes
    Indimusicworks page
    http://indiemusicworks.com/Cullen_Humphrey/
    Reverbnation Page
    http://www.reverbnation.com/cullen12...eader_icon_nav
    [IMG][/IMG]

Amen to that, Peavey's build quality is excellent, the HP Special USA was also undervalued, they depreciate like a brick but they are amazingly well built guitars, they took everything on the Wolfgang and improved on it. I bought one from Cash Converters in the UK for 280, it had hardly been used, labels still present on the cavity covers, great playing guitar and extremely versatile thanks to pickups that were designed to be coil-tapped from the ground up.

With the Peavey Vandenberg, the Series I featured the Kahler 2700 Killer, the Series II, Custom and Quilt top all featured the 2720 Spyder and the Series III had the Ping/Peavey licensed Floyd Rose you find on the USA Wolfgangs, Tracers etc. At least I think that was correct on the Series III Vandenberg. With an R1 nut width, super slim neck, ebony fingerboard and custom wound Peavey pickups, they are crazy guitars. I would say get one if you have the chance, you won't regret it, I always fancied a Peavey Destiny, those looked rather nice.

Thanks for the info. Im sure I won't regret i - its bringing it home and sneaking it past the wife that I will.

Which gc had a Vandenberg? Cool guitars, I would love a pink one!

you'll have to watch out for copies b'cuz china is starting to make vandenbergs now.
    bridge

~IAG~

I was given a black bolt-on Vandy restoration project a long while back. Maybe 8 years or so. Got it put back together & playing nicely, but I really don't care for reverse headstocks, so I posted it on ebay. I couldn't find any others for price point reference, so I started it at $99.99. I was amazed that it went as high as it did - $650+/-, if I remember correctly. Really regret letting it go, as it sounded fantastic, and I could have learned to live with the reverse HS. But, I really needed the cash for some cymbals, as I was a gigging drummer at the time.

Thanks for the info. Im sure I won't regret i - its bringing it home and sneaking it past the wife that I will.
    Now that is the key.. Just have a friend collect the guitar on your behalf. You can then 'swap' the guitar with your friend. The other scenario is for your friend to bring the guitar round to your house for you to try out as he's just bought it.. the friend just happens to accidentally forget to take the guitar with him.. problem solved.

"What's that guitar doing here?"
    "Ah, my friend must have forgotten to take it back with him, he'll call again for it though"

OK. Ill let you know how it goes

Whoever gets a chance to grab it should.