Thread: Pacer wiring...

Default Pacer wiring...

Okay, I'm looking at the Pacer Custom I wiring and I see the following:

Single throw switch for Neck pickup on/off
    Single throw switch for Middle pickup on/off
    Double throw switch for Bridge pick up - is it on/off/coil tap?

And therefore what does the remaining single throw triple pole switch do - it's spec'ed as a "Lead/Rhythm" toggle. If it's a "blower" switch, then what exactly is it bypassing (considering there's no tone controls)?
    Nick
    ----------------------------------------
    Jolana Pacer Custom I 1990
    Striker 600ST 1989

I'm trying to remember how my '86 Pacer Custom 1 was like. I remember 3 on/off mini toggles for the pickups (in a row) and 1 coil split (below the volume) I think. I was always curious how it was wired but I don't remember tearing it apart to find out. I ended up selling it :( which kinda makes me sad because it really sounded and played very good.
    -Andrew
    '83 Kramer Vanguard~ 2012 Gibson Diablo SG Floyd ~ Kramer Focus 2000 (Beak)

Weren't a lot of the Kramer double-throw switches set up for series/split/parallel?

And even if there is. I tone knob, the volume pot still puts a load on the signal path. So a blower switch would still help, if even a little. A long time ago I had a blower set up so that no matter where the 5-way was or what the volume was that I could hit it and go into full-out jam mode.

Sent from my armored space station using Tapatalk on iPad

Kramer: Stagey Del I, Sambora, NightSwan, Baretta I, Sustainer, Pacer Cust II, Sustainer "mutt", Pacer Classic, 1984, Pacer Vintage; Blaze Shredder, K2-1, K2-2; Jackson PC-1; ESP: Kami III, SB Tiger, Serpent, M-II Del; Washburn N2, N24F; Fender American Stand Strat; Hamer Centaura, Ibanez: Universe, RBM; Charvel Predator, San Dimas Pro Mod, EBMM Axis; Epiphone LP PlusTop Pro/FX; guitarupgrades brass & titanium

Well....I tried the first wiring diagram...made the guitar sound awful - the three way humbucker switch was off at position 2, but positions 1 and three were exactly the same, if it was a series/parallel switch it made no difference, and if it was supposed to be a coil-tap then it didn't work. The fourth switch by the volume pot remains a mystery. In some configurations it gave a thicker tone - like a series/parallel switch - can't think of any situation that i would use it, but in some configurations it acted as a kill switch. I DID check the coil wiring colour-coding for Seymour Duncan humbuckers and the wiring was right...

I then tried another schematic - slightly different, but with the same result.

So I've gone back to one humbucker, one volume pot and it's back to where I like it.

Reminds me why I took the original wiring out in the first place.
    Nick
    ----------------------------------------
    Jolana Pacer Custom I 1990
    Striker 600ST 1989