Thread: Focus 3000 D

Default Focus 3000 D

Picked this up on ebay, don't know if it was anyone here, but I like the color. I know the 3000 D is a bit more rare than the 3000.

Awesome! I've got your twin...

Congrats on your score! I was watch that one was going to bid, but it went of my price range, in addition to that I already have CAR focus 3000. That is I believe is a Matsu made kramer 3000d. Glad a KF brother got it.
    "As long as there's breath in my body, there's always hope!"

What makes it a 3000 D as opposed to a 3000? Nice score btw!

I mostly play my guitars at night....mostly

Quote Originally Posted by FlatSeventh View Post
    What makes it a 3000 D as opposed to a 3000? Nice score btw!
    No output jack plate.

One theory is that the D stands for Dimarzio... as the pickup looks to be an unmarked Super Distortion.

Also, these aren't Matsumoku made. The Matsus had the elongated headstock and had "MADE IN JAPAN" neckplate with no serial #.

Quote Originally Posted by matt3846 View Post
    One theory is that the D stands for Dimarzio... as the pickup looks to be an unmarked Super Distortion.

Also, these aren't Matsumoku made. The Matsus had the elongated headstock and had "MADE IN JAPAN" neckplate with no serial #.
    I was looking at the input jack in pickguard as most of matsu made guitars I have seen have the input jack in the pickguard. So are the 3000Ds made by ESP? Who or what factory did they come from?
    Last edited by japkramernut; 06-04-2013 at 06:48 PM.

The 3000-D guitars were part of the earliest Focus line... when the 1000 had a straight hum and 2 knobs, and it and the 2000 had the early Pacer-like control cavity. All of those had 6 digit serial numbers. I think when we last debated it, we landed on ESP as having made those. -- Funny thing is, I've never seen a 3000 (only a bunch of 3000-Ds) from that run.

The Matsumoku 3000 guitars had a normal strat output jack. Only the 3000-D had it on the pickguard... Unless you were referring to other brands. If I recall Fender was selling a Strat at the time that also had the jack on the pickguard.

Now... having said all that... I actually own another 3000-D that has a Matsu MMK-45 pickup in it!

EDIT: When I mention the early line, I mean these...

Focus 1000 | Focus 2000 | Focus 3000-D | Focus 3000-D w/ EE neck | Focus 4000

Last edited by matt3846; 06-03-2013 at 10:19 PM.

The 3000-D guitars were part of the earliest Focus line... when the 1000 had a straight hum and 2 knobs, and it and the 2000 had the early Pacer-like control cavity. All of those had 6 digit serial numbers. I think when we last debated it, we landed on ESP as having made those. -- Funny thing is, I've never seen a 3000 (only a bunch of 3000-Ds) from that run.

The Matsumoku 3000 guitars had a normal strat output jack. Only the 3000-D had it on the pickguard... Unless you were referring to other brands. If I recall Fender was selling a Strat at the time that also had the jack on the pickguard.

Now... having said all that... I actually own another 3000-D that has a Matsu MMK-45 pickup in it!

EDIT: When I mention the early line, I mean these...

Focus 1000 | Focus 2000 | Focus 3000-D | Focus 3000-D w/ EE neck | Focus 4000

Yep, I was referring to other Matsu brands. This is very interesting information. Fact is I do have one Matsu made CAR 1000 with the MMK45 pup which has a very nice tone. Sold a Matsu made 3000 maybe a year ago. Anyway that's nice a set you have Matt.

Hey, I just now noticed your thread....congrats on your "D" model.

I just replied on another thread about my "D" model and I Love mine. Aside from the obvious differences from the standard Focus 3000, the "D" model is also a bit smaller and lighter as well.
    Kramer Guitars, Orange Amps, JJ Tubes, Celestion Speakers, Digitech Effects, GHS Strings, DiMarzio Pickups
    -
    Mark

Do the 3000D's have the thin fret boards (around an eighth of an inch thick) like my straight 3000's?
    7 out of 5 statisticians suffer from lesdyxia.

-Steve B.

Quote Originally Posted by kremark View Post
    Do the 3000D's have the thin fret boards (around an eighth of an inch thick) like my straight 3000's?
    They do. Though eyeballing it, I'd say its even thinner than the later beaks (with by KRAMER logo).

What era is your 3000?

For me, the D stands for Dimarzio, there is pretty much no doubt in my mind the bridge is an unmarked super distortion or some Dimarzio derivative.

Quote Originally Posted by RockinJim View Post
    For me, the D stands for Dimarzio, there is pretty much no doubt in my mind the bridge is an unmarked super distortion or some Dimarzio derivative.
    I tend to agree... though I've seen at least 2 that look factory wired with different pickups.

Another theory is "Deluxe"... as the 3000 was the Focus version of the Pacer Deluxe.

They do. Though eyeballing it, I'd say its even thinner than the later beaks (with by KRAMER logo).

What era is your 3000?
    Guessing around '86 or so. Pointy with small block letters. One is of similar vintage, but has a 5000 banana neck on it making it a full-on MUTT. I believe that fret board thinness is the key to that thin neck feel as a standard strat-type board is about 2 times thicker.
    7 out of 5 statisticians suffer from lesdyxia.

-Steve B.

Hi all, I am new to the site.
    Recently acquired a Focus 300d guitar, made in the early 80's. I live in the N.E. of England (UK).
    I found a really good site that covers Kramer guitars, but couldn't find much detail on any similar to the one I now own.
    Thought that I'd ask the collectors for help.

So does anyone have any idea's where the guitar was made? as it doesn't say anywhere.
    I think it is possibly before 84, as it has a beak headstock??

Cheers anyone..

Kramer 5.jpgKramer 4.jpgKramer 7.jpg

MIJ.
    Good looking guitar.
    Welcome.

Thank you.
    It doesn't have made in Japan stamped anywhere.
    I thought the neck was very similar in finish to Westone that I once owned.
    I really like Japanese guitars, and I play mostly Japanese Squiers and my old Ibanez Roadster.

Is there any data regarding which models were made first and how many of each were made each month?
    This one has a relatively low serial number so could have been made during the first production run at the factory.
    Which factory made them in Japan?

Thanks again

6 digit ser#, as mentioned above, possibly ESP factory.
    Kramer never kept records of ser#'s. They randomly installed the plates.

Welcome to the forum mate, nice Focus you have there

Tracking down where & when it was made can be a bit of a mine field with Kramers, as said they didn't keep any records!
    ROCK TILL YOU DROP & NEVER GROW OLD

85' Baretta in black
    86' Pacer Custom in FF pink
    87' Mick Mars replica Telecaster mutt in pearl white
    97' Gibson LP Studio, custom black metal flake finish
    Tanglewood TM07 electro acoustic in tobacco burst
    Pacer Classic in pearl white with FRS & BB block - SOLD
    Marshall DSL401

Great KF deals with.....Heinz Mcniggleston MrScary MAKiguitars Moku Del Hudson Gotsmygibsons

Welcome to KF! That´s a pretty nice fiddle you´ve gotten yourself there. Can´t go wrong with the "little black" fits most occasions, tho some consider the color sheme a bit boring (not me).
    Practice cures most tone issues.

Great Deals with MrWhipper, JoeyM, Del Hudson, skydive69 and Kramer Classic I

Welcome!!!
    Having recently joined the foci 3000 club, I'm really curious about these D models. I have an early 83 Pacer Special with the jack on the face like the D. I can't help but wonder if that influenced the D series.
    20ish BC Rich Gunslinger (Slimer)
    2013 Kramer Kit 5150 Tiger
    2014 Fender Playboy 40th Anniversary (Chinese Copy)
    2014 ESP KH Ouija (Chinese Copy)
    Dean Edge II Bass
    facebook fanpage
    https://www.facebook.com/CullenTunes
    Indimusicworks page
    http://indiemusicworks.com/Cullen_Humphrey/
    Reverbnation Page
    http://www.reverbnation.com/cullen12...eader_icon_nav
    [IMG][/IMG]

Nice 3000...and gettin harder to find....welcome