Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm new and just wanted to say hi

Default I'm new and just wanted to say hi

Hi everyone. I thought I should join up and introduce myself after reading a bunch of great stuff on these great pages!! I now have my hands on a new (still with the plastic over the pups) Kramer Striker 211 custom with the floyd, it's the Trans Purple, 2010 model I think? sure it's made in Indonesia, but it plays like butter in my hands and I can't put it down to be honest!

Recently I seem to have returned back to my original taste in 80's style rock/metal bands, so with all this I just had to grab an axe to go along with it all. I was really torn between picking up a BC Rich Gunslinger, Kramer Striker or Pacer Classic, but somehow I ended up finding a TP Kramer Striker 211, so I jumped on it. I think it's probably the best guitar i've ever played at that price, I've been playing on more expensive guitars over the years (mainly Gibsons) but even my favourite SG can't compete with the playability of the Striker.

I grew up listening to all the 80's/90's guitar bands, so that's what influenced me to pick up the guitar. I have almost on purpose avoided playing any floyd style guitars, since I had the impression they were more trouble than they were worth. I have played a Gibson SG for years and I thought that was good. The only floyd style guitar I have actually owned was a very cheap floyd guitar when I first started out, it was some kind of cheap white Ibanez copy with a licensed floyd that was really bad, because of that I thought all Floyds were about the same, this made avoid playing Floyds since I thought I would just end up out of tune before I knew it. This Kramer Floyd is something different, it's amazingly good at keeping in tune, it now makes me wonder how good an OFR actually is, so I may end up dropping one in if it's possible...but honestly I don't think it's necessary, mine seems pretty reliable so I don't know, I'll see how this once stands up first, at least it working perfectly well so far.

I hope to stick around here reading and posting whenever I can. I've got a pretty wide taste in guitars and music, not just into 80s metal. I have a long way to go with Kramers since I have just begun my Kramer journey now and I really kind of regret that after many years playing already behind me. I'm keen to learn more about Kramers, so you may come across my posts here and there. I'm already keen on finding my first USA made Baretta or similar, but I'll keep practicing for now with the Striker while my SG takes a well deserved break.

hmmm after checking if my post worked, I think I have by mistake posted this in the wrong section? If this post was not appropriate for here, I will apologise now in advance.
    Last edited by DOA; 04-09-2013 at 07:06 AM.

Sounds really familiar story! am new too, registration wasn't happening for some reason but here now.
    Kramer pacer classic for me and can't put it down either, thinking of trying to track down my old striker too sold it to an old mate so good starting point at least!

Welcome aboard!
    For the money, really can't go wrong with a PC or new Striker.
    A Floyd special would be a nice upgrade also.

Cool story and welcome! Let the Kramer G.A.S. begin
    LONG LIVE THE 80'S

Quote Originally Posted by gstring85 View Post
    Cool story and welcome! Let the Kramer G.A.S. begin
    Amen, that´s KF in a nutshell. Welcome aboard guys! Hop on and enjoy the ride.
    Practice cures most tone issues.

Great Deals with MrWhipper, JoeyM, Del Hudson, skydive69 and Kramer Classic I

+1

Kramer GAS really creeps on you. Sometimes it hits you bad and it can also lie dormant for a long time. You get temporary respite by looking at photos and searching old threads. But when it hits you will do ANYTHING to get one.

Welcome to group!! "I'm Tony and I'm a kramaholic...."
    2008 Gibson Les Paul Studio Fireburst
    1998 Epiphone Les Paul Studio Turquoise
    2006 Epiphone Les Paul Standard Cherry Burst
    2013 Epiphone Les Paul Tribute Plus Black Cherry
    1983 Kramer Pacer Imperial Translucent Red
    1986 Kramer Focus 3000 Candy Apple Red
    2011 Kramer Stagemaster SM-1 Black
    2014 Taylor 320ce
    Marshall DSL40c
    Many assorted others..

"I've got blisters on my fingers!!"

Great start to the Kramer experience are those new Strikers Welcome aboard!!
    JUST BOUGHT A KRAMER GUITAR AND WANT TO KNOW MORE ABOUT IT???

THEN.... "Look at www.vintagekramer.com for info, look at www.ebay.com for prices guides, then come back here in 3 months and tell me how great your guitar is"

Hi. I'm new here too.

My first "real" guitar was a Focus 3000, which I still have and play a bit. I used a nice Ibanez for a long time, but sold it to get a Telecaster Deluxe (bad move... I love the Tele, but that was a good Ibanez). However, I missed the 5 way switching and had my guitar guy in town get my Focus back up to snuff.

Last summer, I became enamored with aluminum neck guitars by Travis Bean and EGC that I'd heard and only later learned that Kramer's first guitars were breakaways from Beans. Last month, I acquired a DMZ 2000 (the one in my avatar). I love it, it's come full circle to 2 of 3 guitars as Kramers. Looking forward to learning more about the instruments!
    DMZ 2000
    450B
    Focus 3000

Hi. I'm new here too.

My first "real" guitar was a Focus 3000, which I still have and play a bit. I used a nice Ibanez for a long time, but sold it to get a Telecaster Deluxe (bad move... I love the Tele, but that was a good Ibanez). However, I missed the 5 way switching and had my guitar guy in town get my Focus back up to snuff.

Last summer, I became enamored with aluminum neck guitars by Travis Bean and EGC that I'd heard and only later learned that Kramer's first guitars were breakaways from Beans. Last month, I acquired a DMZ 2000 (the one in my avatar). I love it, it's come full circle to 2 of 3 guitars as Kramers. Looking forward to learning more about the instruments!
    DMZ 2000
    450B
    Focus 3000

welcome aboard, guys! enjoy yourselves here.... sometimes it's fun to search and revive old threads. there's so much info here on kramer....
    bridge

~IAG~

Welcome new guys....I have just one thing to say....

We looooooove pictures, here...whatever you got, Kramers....non-kramers...goats...post 'em up!

Tommy

Wow! Three new guys in one thread. Welcome aboard guys. We bite a little, but not hard. I have to agree that we love seeing pictures of anything, so don't be afaid to throw one up now and then. Talking about Strikers, Focii, and lumies can only keep us interested for so long, so have your cameras ready and enjoy this site and its members.

Quote Originally Posted by TommySixGunn View Post
    Welcome new guys....I have just one thing to say....

We looooooove pictures, here...whatever you got, Kramers....non-kramers...goats...post 'em up!

Tommy
    Yes, welcome to the best guitar forum around. And congrats on your kramer guitar acquisition. +! on what he said. We are pic junkies.
    "As long as there's breath in my body, there's always hope!"

Welcome aboard fellow kramer lover. First round is on me.. And i have a kramer 84. Love that guitar. But if you can should get your hands on a vintage piece. But the new ones are from what I can judge from the 1984 reissue play and sound great. Now get sum pics up bro!
    6 kramer's (1984 reissue, SM-1 emg's, '86 Baretta**, '86 Pacer Deluxe (thanks so much james) 87 'Pacer Custom 1**, `87 Richie Sambora Signature ( <--thanks so much marc)
    3 Ibanez's (STEVE VAI Jem 7V, rg XXV 25th anniversary, rg 350ex**
    1 Ovation 12 string.
    1 Fender Stratocaster**
    1 Jackson PHIL COLLEN PC1
    1 Epiphone Les Paul Custom Trans Black 3
    1 '73 Gibson les paul custom fretless wonder
    1 Schecter damien avenger
    1 Squier tele
    1 Dean acoustic
    ** = personally customized

Wow thanks for all the welcomes this is really a great place and I see there's a lot of very friendly people on here. I can't wait to get another Kramer but this one will do fine for now, although that G.A.S is hard to avoid around here. I'm working on some pics as requested and will be back with them sometime soon to share.

Hahah~, welcome guys to one of the greatest guitar forums that ah've ever stumbled upon.

Not only do we get to see some beutiful Kramers around here, but damn, we see eveeeerything.

Welcome to the addiction guys
    ADA + Kramer = An Ever-Lasting Love

If there aint no blood pouring from your ears, You're definitely not loud enough to get the job done RIGHT.

Quote Originally Posted by Vengeance View Post
    People that run around throwing their cock out are generally the people that can't get it up.

I only have a few Kramers so far, but someday ill have more, welcome....

I searched a bit but couldn't find an "introduction" area so I'll introduce myself here (since others are doing it too!). I'm long-winded sometimes so please bear with me.

My first Kramer was a ZX30 I bought in late 1988/early 1989. Bright yellow, black pickguard, three single-coil "Select by EMG" pickups. Traded that in early 1989 for a blue 615 (from the 100 Series). For the longest time I had no idea what model it was but thanks to this website I was able to look at old brochures & figure out the model. However the body is plywood. Doesn't matter - it's my favorite guitar (sentimental reasons). In early 1990 I bought a ZX10, also the same shade of blue, also plywood. Single "Select by EMG" humbucker & single Volume knob. Last year took a little time & replaced the pickup with a Seymour Duncan Screamin' Demon and the Volume with a push-pull pot. Did something wrong 'cause it doesn't work but got busy & never took it apart again. I plan to soon. Also I didn't realize they were plywood until a few years ago. When I bought them I was just glad they were a guitar - didn't care what they were made of.

I got into guitar because of Eddie Van Halen and of course that's why I got into Kramers ('cause Eddie played them!). Since then I've accumulated a few others (Ibanez, Fender, Jackson, Charvel, Ovation). Sadly I spend more time dreaming about buying more than I actually spend playing the ones I have.

I frequent several other forums but came here to broaden my knowledge of Kramers, plus I love to see pictures of other people's guitars! If I can borrow my wife's or my kids' cameras I'll try to take pictures, then I'll slowly try to figure out how to get them on here. I don't have anything special but I like what I have.

Thanks for creating this forum! I hope to spend more time here and to hopefully contribute something of value.

Welcome, I have a ZX 30 and its a favorite, plywood or not you can have a lot of fun and little to worry about.

Quote Originally Posted by Louthedog View Post
    I only have a few Kramers so far, but someday ill have more, welcome....
    If you only have a few, then I have none!

I thought my avatar was active, but now you can see my axe there.
    DMZ 2000
    450B
    Focus 3000

Wow, a single new thread with 4 new memebers! Great to see you here and welcome aboard! I will warn you, since none of these guys would do it:
    Warning: The Kramer Forum is addictive, can cause sleeplessness, GAS, and the urge to buy guitars you never knew you "had" to have. Do not visit the Kramer Forum while driving or operating heavy machinery.

Now that the warning is out of the way, let me tell you, you have opened a Pandora's box of knowledge about Kramer guitars as well as a little of everything else. This has been the greatest forum I've ever been a part of and these guys are the greatest. Now, post some pics, read and comment on threads, and have some fun.
    20ish BC Rich Gunslinger (Slimer)
    2013 Kramer Kit 5150 Tiger
    2014 Fender Playboy 40th Anniversary (Chinese Copy)
    2014 ESP KH Ouija (Chinese Copy)
    Dean Edge II Bass
    facebook fanpage
    https://www.facebook.com/CullenTunes
    Indimusicworks page
    http://indiemusicworks.com/Cullen_Humphrey/
    Reverbnation Page
    http://www.reverbnation.com/cullen12...eader_icon_nav
    [IMG][/IMG]

Welcome to KF!!! This is the best forum there is. Congrats on your New Kramer. Trust me when I say that is is the first of many to come. HNGD!
    Baretta 87
    Pacer Deluxe 87
    Baretta\1000 mutt
    Focus 2000
    Focus 2000 Flames
    Focus 6000 Big Beautiful Doll
    Ferrington
    Forum III Bass

Great deals with KickstartMyHeart, popvamp, wilds_dog, hunter008, flloydkramer, Powerglide350, lhrocker, moku, zebrapup, eddiedbone,budgolf1, errbt, Phred, Coloradoman25, velocity, KramerWolf, Kramer_nut, KramerBassFan, amerturk, gstring85, skydive69, muttznmongrelz, bacon and switchone

Welcome to the KF fellas....would almost guarantee each of
    you guys will acquire several more Kramer's before the year is up