Thread: ESP Owners?

Default ESP Owners?

Anybody own an ESP MII? I was in guitar center over the weekend and played a used one. I loved the neck; the guitar all in all really impressed me. At $750 Iím thinking itís a good deal, a lot of the used ones Iím seeing are around a grand.

The pic isn't up yet on the GC website, but this is what she looks like.

Don't look like an M II, looks like a mirage deluxe
    LONG LIVE THE 80'S

The current M2s have two hums, and yeah those are the old style fret markers. Well, FWIW, I had an M-III a while back and only sold it so I could get a Nightswan that I wanted.
    Good KF deals: SamanthaM, velocity, Full Crib, skydive69, helocene, aywilson, mrwhipper, Vengeance, Robert Blake, FOR_THE_LOVE_OF_JEMS, Rick S, dan_vito, kickaxeguitars, flyingvfreak, geetar10, redrocker67, Del Hudson, gstring85, movnmik, bacon, KramerBassFan

That could be an M2 deluxe. Does it have an ebony board? What's not to like? reverse HS, Hum, slant single, bound ebony board (if ebony). Offer them $575 and go from there.

Here's a nice Mirage Custom, neck thru. Great guitars.

Ack

Its older, Ill post a pick from guitar center when they put one up. Hell it may not be an MII, that's what they are calling it though. If its still there this weekend I may put it in layaway.

I have a M-II Deluxe exactly like that. Mine is a yellowed white. A very nice guitar. When it comes to ESP guitars it doesn't get much nicer, hell their control cavities are nicer then most guitars.

I'm not to sure about the price. Mine was fairly cheap, asshole used the headstock for an ashtray.

The trem in the pic looks like a floyd. The one you're looking at may have a Synclair (ESP floyd) trem in there.
    Ack

Love my Mirage Deluxe... the only big diference I have noticed between it and an MII, is that mine has a blade switch and tone knob...

later Rick
    KRAMER WHORE

I've got an ESP M-II Deluxe. it's the 2 hum. revers pointy neck. real OFR. dot inlays. black...throw some EMGs in there and it could be mistaken for the KH model (minus the skull inlays). it's an awesome guitar. built solid. the neck is like most of the necks on my old Kramers (all excpet the NightSwan). plays like a champ. it's my benchmark guitar that I use when I'm trying out different pickups.

here's a current pic. it has the DMZ Liquifire in the neck and the DMT Baker Act in the bridge.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Kramer: Stagemaster Deluxe I, Sambora, NightSwan, Baretta I, Sustainer, Pacer Custom II, Sustainer "mutt", Pacer Classic, 1984 x2, Pacer Vintage; Blaze Shredder, K2-1, K2-2; Jackson PC-1; ESP: Kamikaze III, Sunburst Tiger, Serpent, M-II Deluxe; Washburn N2, N24F; Fender American Standard Strat; Hamer Centaura, Ibanez: Universe, RBM; Charvel Predator, San Dimas Pro Mod, EBMM Axis, guitarupgrades brass & Ti blocks

This was my MII deluxe. 90's model from what I remember.
    LONG LIVE THE 80'S

I have an M-II as well. It's a great guitar, and I feel I got a good deal on it. The original owner replaced the stock humbucker for an Air Zone and added a coil tap switch. I wish he would have went with a push/pull pot, but it's really not that big of a deal. I think I'm going to take it out and play it today after seeing this thread.

Photobucket

the one you posted looks like a mirage deluxe (22 frets). i got one of those. luv it. so did you confirm if it's got 22 or 24 frets?
    bridge

~IAG~

If its the one with the purple pickup on GC online its a m2 and a bolt on. Theres another on the site for like 599 used.
    Liquidating yet again

Can't go wrong with a real ESP. $750 sounds good. I would talk them down to $600 or so.

didn't know one can bargain with guitar center.
    bridge

~IAG~

I think they'll only bargain with you if they've had it for more than a month. After a month they can drop the price to move it if it isn't selling. Although, Matt would probably know better than I.
    83 Kramer Voyager
    86 Charvel Model 5
    87-88 Ibanez 540s
    88 Gibson V90 (Only the nut is original)
    The Blindworm "Pendulum"

Not too many guitars anymore!

Quote Originally Posted by dodkrone View Post
    I think they'll only bargain with you if they've had it for more than a month. After a month they can drop the price to move it if it isn't selling. Although, Matt would probably know better than I.
    just seems unlikely that if they list it at 750 that they will drop to 600. imho, best to go with the 599 one instead...
    bridge

~IAG~

Quote Originally Posted by helterbot View Post
    I have an M-II as well. It's a great guitar, and I feel I got a good deal on it. The original owner replaced the stock humbucker for an Air Zone and added a coil tap switch. I wish he would have went with a push/pull pot, but it's really not that big of a deal. I think I'm going to take it out and play it today after seeing this thread.

Photobucket
    Was this one for sale used at GC a while back?
    "WTF...?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Kramerican View Post
    Was this one for sale used at GC a while back?
    No. I purchased this one a couple years ago off eBay.

Quote Originally Posted by moku View Post

in my experience, they won't. they had a used Charvel there for over 6 months. they were asking almost as much as it would be if it were new. they'd never budge on it. I've never ever paid what a brick and mortar store has asked (so I've not done much with GC in about a decade! lol!)... but GC has gotten very hard-nosed about it. if you can get them to budge, you are a better man than most and should take it for all you can.

Kramer: Stagemaster Deluxe I, Sambora, NightSwan, Baretta I, Sustainer, Pacer Custom II, Sustainer "mutt", Pacer Classic, 1984 x2, Pacer Vintage; Blaze Shredder, K2-1, K2-2; Jackson PC-1; ESP: Kamikaze III, Sunburst Tiger, Serpent, M-II Deluxe; Washburn N2, N24F; Fender American Standard Strat; Hamer Centaura, Ibanez: Universe, RBM; Charvel Predator, San Dimas Pro Mod, EBMM Axis, guitarupgrades brass & Ti blocks

Quote Originally Posted by DarthPhineas View Post
    in my experience, they won't. they had a used Charvel there for over 6 months. they were asking almost as much as it would be if it were new. they'd never budge on it. I've never ever paid what a brick and mortar store has asked (so I've not done much with GC in about a decade! lol!)... but GC has gotten very hard-nosed about it. if you can get them to budge, you are a better man than most and should take it for all you can.
    If you can get them to budge, that means you have jedi mind tricks? hehe

Quote Originally Posted by moku View Post
    They have flexibility on a lot of their prices from what I've seen, but they want to give the appearance that the prices are fixed because they work on commission. A friend of mine was the manager for the drum department for a few years, and I would always get at least 15% off anything in his department, and even more when there was something they were trying to clear out. He even got me 25% off on a guitar that had been sitting in the store for a couple months, so I think there's room to negotiate, but it definitely helps to know someone.

First I own a purple MII Deluxe which I actually bought from Guitar Center maybe 1.5 years ago...killer guitar...second, GC drops prices of inventory that sits, but I have successfully negotiated with them on the phone and on email in the past. I think it probably just depends on the price of the guitar. If it's already showing as a price drop they are unlikely to budge.