Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: George Lynch Kramer

I'd think it'd be safe to assume that this Kramer never existed, for a prod run. Nowhere near a production run and Matt (now a top exec at ESP..GL's counterpart) made sure it was not released.Sandoval built.
    -Ken

Mine wants a fancy paint job....

Quote Originally Posted by BGSU1989 View Post
    What pick-up did these originally come with?
    I'm thinking I may track one down to throw in the case should I decide to sell it.

from the looks of the catalog listings as seen on vintagekramer.com, it looks as if the pickups used on the Japanese market Kramers were not even Duncans. probably something made there in Japan. if it is one of those Japanese models, it was made in the mid-to-late-80s. Lynch was definitely working on a signature pickup in the late-80s, but Duncan wasn't advertising it until late 90 or early 91. since he had already been with ESP for several years, I don't see him wanting his signature pickup in anything other than his signature ESPs as a stock feature...he's known for wanting his cut of the action and had already moved away from doing business with Kramer...and since Kramer wasn't in business with Lynch, it'd be hard to imagine them wanting to line his pockets by buying his model from Duncan. if it is the Japanese model and you don't want to track down the original Japanese pickup, Lynch was known to have used the JB, the Distortion and the Pearly Gates prior to getting his own model. maybe even the '59, but it's not clear. the JB or the DD would work best for an 80s tone.

Kramer: Stagey Del I, Sambora, NightSwan, Baretta I, Sustainer, Pacer Cust II, Sustainer "mutt", Pacer Classic, 1984, Pacer Vintage; Blaze Shredder, K2-1, K2-2; Jackson PC-1; ESP: Kami III, SB Tiger, Serpent, M-II Del; Washburn N2, N24F; Fender American Stand Strat; Hamer Centaura, Ibanez: Universe, RBM; Charvel Predator, San Dimas Pro Mod, EBMM Axis; Epiphone LP PlusTop Pro/FX; guitarupgrades brass & titanium

I have a JK-1000 and the bridge pickup is a Kramer KP-100, which is supposed to be similar to a JB (I'm haven't tried a JB, so I have no basis for comparison). Judging by what I've heard about the JB, this pickup is probably pretty close to a JB. I don't care for it. Don't flame me too bad for saying this, haha. I like lots of mids, tight bass, and smooth highs. This pickup has a massive scoop compared to what I'm used to. The only thing I like about it is it's nice for leads, but that also could be due to the angling of the pickup as well as the pickup voicing. Sorry for my digression, but I hope that helps @BGSU1989! If you're interested, I'd be willing to give you a good deal on the pickup. PM me for more details.

Also, @DarthPhineas, I haven't forgotten about my guitar. I do plan on showing it in all it's purple-burst splendor, but I'm waiting for my new pickups to get here so I can rewire it with my new electronics. I'm also waiting on a new floyd... The wait will be well worth it!
    Would you tell Picasso to sell his guitars?

if it lacks mids, it's not close to a JB.

Kramer: Stagey Del I, Sambora, NightSwan, Baretta I, Sustainer, Pacer Cust II, Sustainer "mutt", Pacer Classic, 1984, Pacer Vintage; Blaze Shredder, K2-1, K2-2; Jackson PC-1; ESP: Kami III, SB Tiger, Serpent, M-II Del; Washburn N2, N24F; Fender American Stand Strat; Hamer Centaura, Ibanez: Universe, RBM; Charvel Predator, San Dimas Pro Mod, EBMM Axis; Epiphone LP PlusTop Pro/FX; guitarupgrades brass & titanium

I have a 12bJ in my Duncan collection. That's an MJ wound (Bridge) SH-12 old sticker of course. What year did Duncan release the Demon? Doing a custom built Tiger in the pipe that should be done in a month I'll post. I have an 86 Baretta made for Lynch by B.C. that has a JB in it. I doubt George did a Japanese sig model pup. I don't even think the Japanese only released guitars were his idea...

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by KramerTamer; 02-19-2013 at 10:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthPhineas View Post
    if it lacks mids, it's not close to a JB.
    It's not that the mids aren't there, but the bass and treble are definitely much more forward in the voicing than the mids, which give it a scooped sound to my ears. I prefer mids, highs, and bass in that order, but I like pickups that are voiced closely together like the Dimarzio Dactivator and the Bare Knuckle Aftermath.
    Would you tell Picasso to sell his guitars?

Quote Originally Posted by KramerTamer View Post
    I have a 12bJ in my Duncan collection. That's an MJ wound (Bridge) SH-12 old sticker of course. What year did Duncan release the Demon? Doing a custom built Tiger in the pipe that should be done in a month I'll post. I have an 86 Baretta made for Lynch by B.C. that has a JB in it. I doubt George did a Japanese sig model pup. I don't even think the Japanese only released guitars were his idea...

On an unrelated side note. You need a cavity cover ? Trying to send you a PM but your box is full!
    - Jeff

Hey Jeff yes I do for a Vanguard! I just cleared some messages... Sorry!

Quote Originally Posted by 0 Xero 0 View Post
    It's not that the mids aren't there, but the bass and treble are definitely much more forward in the voicing than the mids, which give it a scooped sound to my ears. I prefer mids, highs, and bass in that order, but I like pickups that are voiced closely together like the Dimarzio Dactivator and the Bare Knuckle Aftermath.
    you said the pickup is close to a JB, but the pickup also has a massive scoop. so... it's not close to a JB. a JB has highs and mids and lows, in that order. a Duncan Distortion or an Alternative-8 might be a little closer to what you are saying you like, but neither of them will have more mids than highs. most of the rest of the Duncans, including the Demon, all have a tone that's scooped or closer to scooped that these other ones. so by comparison, the JB definitely does not lack mids.

the DMZs and the BKPs are a unique comparison, as the DMZs are known more for coloring the tone where the BKPs are known more for the clarity.

I was just told that my bridge pickup is supposed to be like a jb. Apparently the seller I got it from was wrong, but I've got some new pups on the way for it. I just haven't cared for the Duncans I've tried because mids are the most important to me and my tone.

I'm told that the original pick-up was a Kramer KP-100C

Bumping an old thread here man. You seem new so, don't do that unless you have something really good to add to the old thread, not just a sentence.

(also if you're trying to rack up your posts so you can get into the Klassfields, even after you have the 25 posts ya gonna havta wait a few weeks to get in there, just a heads up)
    ADA + Kramer = An Ever-Lasting Love

If there aint no blood pouring from your ears, You're definitely not loud enough to get the job done RIGHT.

Quote Originally Posted by Vengeance View Post
    People that run around throwing their cock out are generally the people that can't get it up.

Quote Originally Posted by JarrodTheBobo View Post
    Bumping an old thread here man. You seem new so, don't do that unless you have something really good to add to the old thread, not just a sentence.

(also if you're trying to rack up your posts so you can get into the Klassfields, even after you have the 25 posts ya gonna havta wait a few weeks to get in there, just a heads up)
    2 posts in over a year, doubt that is the case

2 posts in over a year, doubt that is the case
    Eh, was a just-in-case thing. 2 posts in a year though? Jeese. Especially since one of them was a single sentence
    ADA + Kramer = An Ever-Lasting Love

If there aint no blood pouring from your ears, You're definitely not loud enough to get the job done RIGHT.

People that run around throwing their cock out are generally the people that can't get it up.

new? he's been here 2 years.

He's probably been too busy playing that axe to worry about talking to us. LOL
    20ish BC Rich Gunslinger (Slimer)
    2013 Kramer Kit 5150 Tiger
    2014 Fender Playboy 40th Anniversary (Chinese Copy)
    2014 ESP KH Ouija (Chinese Copy)
    Dean Edge II Bass
    facebook fanpage
    https://www.facebook.com/CullenTunes
    Indimusicworks page
    http://indiemusicworks.com/Cullen_Humphrey/
    Reverbnation Page
    http://www.reverbnation.com/cullen12...eader_icon_nav
    [IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by cullenszoo View Post
    He's probably been too busy playing that axe to worry about talking to us. LOL
    what?!? we are supposed to play them?!? I've only been rubbing mine with a diaper and playing it backwards to take the miles off.