In my opinion.
1) not essential - I think players would prefer the versatility of having their own OD/boost pedal to push the front end if they want.
2) "grit"/"grunt" - I've never heard of adding a pot to change poweramp gain but I love amps that have 2 preamp level pots so you can shape the type of distortion. I think a master vol is absolutely essential.
3) Many people would probably frown upon the amp and call it garbage just because of diodes, but this would really be dependent on the flavor that you're going for; be it high gain monster or low-med gain crunch.
4) Might be cool but I have no experience with one. I'm assuming you mean the mesa-esq mid-scooping-control.
5) If you mean something along the lines of a switchable extra gain stage then YES. I love single channel amps with a switchable gain stages.
6) Footswitches are always nice, but I've never played an amp with one :P
7) Straight up plexi will appeal to a certain crowd, probably not everyone.
I LOVE presence contols and I find them absolutely required.
Great Transactions With: mmmtacos, GlueSniffinEd, navajo warrior, moku, Skydive69, Vej